The best way to experience the Color Computer is on real hardware, but that’s not always an option. so emulation is your next best thing, and there are options available, MAME and Xroar are cross-platform, meaning they will run in Windows, Mac and Linux, VCC is a Windows only project. The CoCoPie is a project using a Raspberry Pie 3 computer and a custom MAME configuration optimized for Color Computer performance.
- VCC CoCo 3 Emulator 2.01b update!
- Jeff Vavasour’s TRS-80 EMULATION Page
- XRoar – Dragon & CoCo Emulator
- CoCo Archive Emulators
- JS Mocha -Browser based emulator!
- DragonPy – CoCo/Dragon Python emulator
- MC6809 CPU in Python
- MAME/MESS (requires some setup)
- MESSUI (improved GUI/Menu for MAME)
- MacMAME the Mac OS application
- James the Animal Tamer’s emulators
- DCAlice – Emulator for MC-10, Alice systems
These pages are by no means complete, so if there is something missing, please email ogStevieStrow@gmail.com and let us know, we want to feature as much CoCo as we can.
15160total visits,15visits today